Making matcha salt is so easy and simple, it only requires two ingredients... matcha and salt!
- 1 c salt (we love using Flavorgod's Himalayan salt or finishing salt like Maldon)
- 1 1/2 tbs matcha (we recommend blending our Culinary Grade or Ingredient Grade matchas into your salt)
- In a small bowl, blend your matcha and salt. No need to sift your matcha! Blending matcha into dry ingredients like salt, sugar, flour will evenly break up any clumps as you stir it in.
- Store your matcha salt in an airtight container like a mason jar. You can even repurpose our matcha tins to store your matcha salt. If you are using a clear container like Tupperware or a mason jar, we recommend storing it in a dark cabinet or drawer. Exposing your matcha to UV rays in any light source will speed up the rate of oxidation, thus altering the naturally green color of matcha to a duller shade of green.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Sprinkle your matcha salt over your favorite savory dishes (and even baked goods to round out the sweetness of your desserts).