15 minutes | Makes 8-10 pieces
- 1 tsp Culinary Grade Matcha powder
- 1 cup Kikkoman Tempura Batter Mix
- 3/4 cup ice-cold water
- 8-10 tiger prawns (raw, shelled, tail on)
- Cooking oil
- Pour cooking oil into a deep, wide skillet (make sure your cooking oil is 2-inches deep) on medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together tempura mix and water. Sift in matcha powder.
- Clean the shrimp by removing the shell and deveining each piece, leave the tails on.
- Pat each shrimp dry with a paper towel and dip into your matcha batter and quickly place it into your cooking oil. Repeat this step until your skillet is filled with 4-5 pieces of battered shrimp. Ensure that the shrimp do not touch each other as they are frying. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until you can see the shrimp has turned pink. Remove and place on a cooling rack. Repeat until you have cooked all of your shrimp.
- Season with salt and serve with a side of ponzu sauce. Enjoy!
- (optional) Tastes great with our Spicy Yuzu Matcha Aioli, as well. Try our recipe here.