- 2 tbs Jade Leaf Culinary Grade Matcha
- 2 (5.3 oz) packs - Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread Cookies
- 6 tbs butter, melted (this is brand my fave to use)
- 4 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ice cream, matcha powder, white chocolate shavings
- Important step: play your favorite playlist! Set the mood so you can bake this treat with so matcha love! *Hey Siri, play Sabrina Claudio*
- In a food processor or blender, grind shortbread cookies into crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine shortbread cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch cheesecake springform pan. It'll feel like there's too much butter, but believe me there's no such thing as too much butter :)
- Bake your crust at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set and slightly brown. Set aside to cool off.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 packs of cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time until they're blended. Add 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla, beat on low speed until mixture is smooth. Scoop out 1/2 cup of this batter and place into a small bowl, set aside. Sift 2 tbs of matcha powder into the large bowl and combine, set aside. Note: sifting your matcha is an important step to avoid large clumps in your batter.
- In separate large bowl, beat the remaining 2 packs of cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time until blended. Add 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice.
- Spread the matcha cheesecake batter into the bottom cooled baking pan.
- Add the pumpkin mixture over the matcha cheesecake mixture. Remember that small bowl of white cheesecake batter you set aside, add scoops of it over your matcha and pumpkin batter. Use a sharp knife or latte art etching tools to create a beautiful design on top of your cheesecake. Running a knife or using etching tools throughout your cheesecake creates a beautiful marbling effect once you bake and cut into the cake.
- Bake at 325° until the edges are set but the center still jiggles slightly, approximately 1 hour, 45 mins. Check on your cheesecake periodically and give it a gentle jiggle.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely, 2 to 3 hours. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve & enjoy!
We hope you all enjoy this recipe and have a beautiful holiday with your loved ones. Since we aren't able to enjoy the Matcha Pumpkin Cheesecake you bake at home, feel free to tag us @jadeleafmatcha so we can live vicariously through you!
Fun fact: Cheesecake is our Co-founder, Will's fave dessert! :)