Spooky Matcha Tonic Cocktail
Recipe makes 1 cocktail
- 2 oz tequila
- 5 fresh basil or mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 5 slices English cucumber, divided
- 1 tsp Jade Leaf Barista Edition Ceremonial Matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chilled tonic water
- Ice cubes, for serving
- We used a large hand-shaped ice mold for an extra spooky effect :)
- If using a special ice mold, prepare ice one day before by filling the ice mold with water and freezing overnight.
- Make the cocktail: in the bottom of a tall glass or cocktail shaker, muddle basil leaves, 2 of the cucumber slices, honey, and Jade Leaf Barista Edition Ceremonial Matcha until mixture is juicy and cucumber is smashed into small pieces.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Pour in tonic water and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Strain cocktail into a glass
- Garnish with basil leaves, cucumber slices, and/or Halloween-themed garnish (like gummy eyeballs, candy "blood", etc.)