This vibrant sushi roll is going to be your new summer favorite! We know this combination isn't one you would first expect, but trust us - it's delicious! Matcha is a great ingredient to add to your savory dishes, it adds a subtle earthiness and a beautiful green hue.
- 2 cups uncooked sushi rice
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 radish sliced
- 1 pack of imitation crab
- Yellow food coloring: FGO Turmeric Powder
- Pink food coloring: beet powder
- Green food coloring: Ceremonial Matcha - Teahouse Edition
- Blue food coloring: blue spirulina
- Purple food coloring: Purple Sweet Potato powder
- Nori sheets
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp furikake seasoning (optional)
- Wasabi (optional)
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Cook the sushi rice and place it in a bowl to cool and add your rice vinegar.
- Split rice portions in 5 bowls and add in a small amount of natural food coloring to each bowl to achieve desired color.
Assembling The Sushi
- Slice your avocado, carrots, and radish into thin strips.
- Use a bamboo roller and add a sheet of nori (rough side facing up) and place strips of rice until you've got all the colors.
- Place your desired ingredients onto your rice in a line and roll it up tightly using your bamboo mat.
- Wet a sharp knife and slice your rolls to reveal your beautiful rainbow sushi!
- Add furikake seasoning on top of your sushi and serve with wasabi and soy sauce.
- You can use parchment paper or plastic wrap instead of a bamboo mat, but you won't be able to roll it as tightly
- Wet your knife before each sushi slice
- Feel free to use whatever sushi fillings you prefer