Makes about 6 pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp oil or melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder (culinary grade)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil or melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt, and whisk 7-10 times, just until the batter comes together; the batter may and should be lumpy.
- Heat a heavy cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Brush with vegetable oil or butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, dollop circles of pancake batter onto skillet. Wait until bubbles appear and pop on the surface, then flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or so.
- Stack pancakes and serve hot with butter and maple syrup.