Looking to supplement your matcha routine? We paired the detoxifying powers of charcoal with the health benefits of collagen and antioxidant powers of matcha to create this “super” matcha latte.
What is activated charcoal powder?
Activated charcoal is a black, odorless, flavorless powder that has been used since ancient times to treat various ailments. It is a type of charcoal that’s processed to make it more porous and is not to be confused with the type of charcoal found in your grill!
Many people today use activated charcoal powder as a supplement to absorb toxins in the body.
What does this matcha collagen charcoal latte taste like?
Since activated charcoal powder is flavorless, we add vanilla extract and maple syrup to bring in some subtle complimentary flavors.
Matcha Collagen Charcoal Latte
- 2 tsp activated charcoal powder
- 6 tbsp warm water, divided
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp collagen matcha latte mix
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- In a small bowl, combine activated charcoal powder, 3 tbsp water, and vanilla.
- In another small bowl, combine collagen matcha latte mix, maple syrup or honey, and remaining 3 tablespoons of water.
- Pour matcha shot into a tall glass; add ice. Pour milk over ice, and top with the charcoal shot. Mix before enjoying.