Recipe Credit: Manila Spoon
Makes 12-18 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 3-4 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla or plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin pan plus another 6-cup regular muffin tin (if making 18).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, matcha, baking powder and salt. Whisk together.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla extract and stir until blended. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans. Divide evenly among the 12 or 18 cups. Use an ice cream scooper for equal distribution.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes for the bigger muffins and about 18-20 minutes for the smaller ones or until a tester inserted in the center of the muffins come out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!