Making matcha beer is easy - there are only two ingredients! Here’s everything you’ll need for one glass:
- Matcha: we recommend our Barista Grade, but feel free to use whatever matcha you have on hand.
- Beer: one bottle; either a light Japanese beer or ginger beer for an alcohol-free version.
HOW TO MAKE MATCHA BEER
Making matcha beer is easy! Let’s lay out the steps.
Tools you’ll need:
- Small bowl
- Chasen (bamboo matcha whisk)
STEP ONE: Sift the matcha into a small bowl
STEP TWO: Pour the beer into the bowl
STEP THREE: Whisk the beer and matcha together using the chasen until combined
STEP FOUR: Add the matcha and beer mixture to a tall beer glass
STEP FIVE: Pour remaining beer into the glass
Free from artificial dyes and full of earthy matcha flavor, we hope you love this fun, festive, matcha-fied version of St. Patrick’s day green beer. Drink up and enjoy! Happy St. Patty’s day!
MATCHA BEER AND GINGER BEER
- 2 tsp Jade Leaf Barista Grade matcha
- 1 bottle Japanese beer (such as Kirin Ichiban) or 1 bottle ginger beer
- Sift the matcha into a bowl. Add two ounces of beer and gently whisk using a chasen (matcha whisk) until foamy. Pour the matcha into a beer glass and top with remaining beer.