I had SO MATCHA fun with this self-care DIY!
Matcha Bath Salts are a part of my self-care regimen. In this fast-paced world, I often find that I need moments to slow down and disconnect. My favorite way to do this is by running a hot bath and unwinding in a matcha salt bath — matcha is my happy place. I intentionally use ingredients that have beneficial properties for your skin (like matcha and dead sea salt), while magnesium and lavender essential oil promotes deep relaxation. The rose petals are just a nice touch, because… why not??
- 3 tsp - Culinary Grade Matcha — feel free to use more if you want a vibrant and green blend
- 1 cup - Coarse Dead Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup - Magnesium Flakes
- 1/8 cup - Dried Rose Petals/Buds (feel free to use more if you wish)
- 10-15 drops - Organic Lavender Essential Oils
- Decor items: I used a really cute cork-top glass jar, twine, and mini tags — feel free to use items that spark joy in you.
- Place Dead Sea salt and magnesium flakes in a medium-sized bowl
- Add 3 tsp of our Supplement Grade Matcha and mix thoroughly to evenly coat the salt and magnesium flakes
- Add drops of lavender essential oil into the mixture. Stir to spread the oils to each granule of salt/magnesium
- Stop and smell the lavender. Take a deep breath in, breathe out… okay, let’s continue
- Sprinkle in dried rose petals/buds and stir gently — it’s totally okay if some of the petals break off from the bud
- Voila! You now have the perfect blend of matcha bath salts to #treatyourself or your matcha bae to a relaxing bath. This can also be stored in an air-tight container or mason jar. I also love traveling with a tiny jar of this blend to treat myself to a salt bath when on the go because #selfcarematters.
Using this matcha bath salt blend:
- We recommend using 1/2 cup of this blend in a hot bath — feel free to add more if you wish
- Dissolve the salt blend in the warm/hot water
- Get some towels ready! Depending on how much matcha you used, you may want to refrain from using white towels
- Once finished, drain your bathtub immediately. Spray with all-purpose cleaner and scrub-a-dub-dub any matcha residue off of your tub
Don’t forget to set the tone:
- Dim the lights (I prefer to turn the lights off completely and bath in candlelight)
- Play your #selflove playlist or relaxing mediation music or read a book
- Bring a little bubbly with you. Use one of our Single Serve Sticks and stir it into a glass of white wine or a drink of your choice.
- Fill the space with what you love; snacks, chocolate, place a laptop on the counter to Netflix and Chill… I love filling the space with my favorite crystals
Fun facts about the ingredients we used in this blend:
- Matcha is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce the redness of skin conditions like acne and rosacea.
- Dead Sea Salt contains 21 minerals that include magnesium, calcium, bromide, sodium, zinc, and potassium. These minerals are known to detoxify and cleanse our bodies.
- Magnesium is known to improve skin hydration, decrease inflammation, has stress-relieving properties, and improves sleep.
- Lavender essential oil is known to have anti-inflammatory properties for treating skin conditions topically, whereas its fragrance when used in aromatherapy induces deep sleep, relieves stress, and reduces anxiety.