BANANA BREAD: THE ICON OF QUARANTINE
Remember when everyone was baking banana bread at the beginning of quarantine? Can we make matcha banana bread another phase of quarantine baking since it's officially been a year of being locked down?!
If you have browning bananas on your counter (let’s be honest, who doesn’t?) then making banana bread to use them up is almost a no-brainer.
But we know that making regular banana bread every time you have to use up some sad bananas can get a little boring.
Solution? Make a matcha version, filled with walnuts and white chocolate chips!
INGREDIENTS FOR MATCHA BANANA BREAD
Here’s everything you’ll need to make a loaf of this sweet matcha banana bread:
- Jade Leaf Ingredient Grade Matcha (Culinary Grade works wonders, too!)
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ripe bananas
- White chocolate chips
WHAT KIND OF MATCHA SHOULD I USE?
We recommend our Ingredient Grade Matcha for this recipe. Ground from late harvest tea leaves, our Ingredient Grade Matcha has a more pronounced green tea bitter note. It’s best used as a healthy boost in smoothies, baked goods, supplements, and other prepared foods. But feel free to use your favorite grade of matcha, or whatever you happen to have on-hand.
Matcha Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Jade Leaf Ingredient Grade Matcha, sifted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup of the flour, matcha, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the mashed banana, butter, and milk to dry mixture. Mix on low speed until everything is combined, then mix on high speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and remaining ¾ cup of flour and beat until blended. Add in white chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Mix into the batter using a rubber spatula, until the chocolate and walnuts are evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool the loaf on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.