These brownies are simple to make and come together pretty quickly. The good news is, you probably already have most of the ingredients required to make these! But just in case, grab your grocery list- we’re about to go over everything you need!
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE KETO MATCHA CHEESECAKE BROWNIES?
- Jade Leaf Culinary Grade Matcha
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Swerve sweetener or coconut sugar
- Note: if you use Swerve, these will be 100% keto friendly! If you prefer it you can also use coconut sugar, however, coconut sugar is higher in carbs so it’s not keto friendly, but it is considered a healthy sugar alternative!
- Melted butter or coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Organic cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
HOW TO MAKE KETO MATCHA CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
There are two separate parts to this recipe: the brownie layer and the matcha cheesecake layer. The brownies come together with just cocoa powder, swerve/coconut sugar, melted butter/coconut oil, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Simply combine the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet and your brownie batter is done! The brownies need to be partially baked before adding the matcha cheesecake layer, so when the batter is done, pour it into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick spray, and pop it in the oven at 350°F. Just make sure the tops of the brownies are set before removing from the oven- about 15 minutes (less if you’re using a metal pan.)
While the brownies cook, make the matcha cheesecake layer. The matcha cheesecake comes together using Jade Leaf Culinary Grade Matcha, room temperature cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, swerve/coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
The first step in making the cheesecake layer is to beat the cream cheese by itself until it becomes smooth and creamy. Then, add the heavy cream, sour cream, swerve/coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs and beat until just combined. Tip: don’t over-mix, as this can add too much air into the mixture which results in the cheesecake cracking. And I know you want these to be aesthetically pleasing AF so you can post an Insta-story (and tag us in it!!)
The matcha goes in last. Sift the matcha right into the cheesecake mixture and mix until combined. The cheesecake will be a gorgeous green color!
When the brownies are out of the oven and slightly cooled, pour the matcha cheesecake mixture over the cooked brownies and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until you see that the middle is set. When your matcha cheesecake brownies are finished baking, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool completely before slicing into squares and enjoying!
KETO MATCHA CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup swerve sweetener or coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR THE MATCHA CHEESECAKE
- 3 teaspoons Jade Leaf Culinary Grade Matcha, sifted
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup swerve sweetener or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
FOR THE BROWNIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder, swerve/coconut sugar, and salt. Add the eggs, melted butter/coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined and pour into prepared 8x8 inch pan. Bake the brownies for 15-20 minutes or until the middle of the brownies look set.
FOR THE MATCHA CHEESECAKE
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the matcha cheesecake layer. In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy. Next, add in heavy cream, sour cream, swerve/coconut sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until just combined.
- Sift the Jade Leaf Culinary Grade Matcha into the cheesecake mixture, and mix until combined. Pour the matcha cheesecake mixture over baked brownies, and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the middle of the cheesecake layer is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and enjoying.