- 1 tbs matcha
- 1/2 c canned condensed milk (or vegan condensed milk)
- 3 thick slices of Japanese Milk Bread (brioche is also a great option)
- Pour condensed milk into a small bowl. Sift in your matcha powder. Use a spoon to gently incorporate your ingredients until you're left with a gorgeous green mixture.
- Toast your bread until golden brown.
- Slather a generous amount of butter on the top of your bread.
- Drizzle a generous amount of your matcha condensed milk on top of your bread until it begins to drip over the crust of your bread.
- (optional) Brûlée the top of your matcha drizzled Japanese Milk Bread by setting your oven to broil. Place each piece on a cookie tray and place into your oven. Watch it closely! Remove once the top of your matcha condensed milk is lightly bruleed (about a minute). If you have a dessert torch, feel free to dust that baby off and brûlée the top of your matcha condensed milk for 10 seconds.
- Serve warm and enjoy! I love indulging in this treat with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Do you have a matcha recipe you'd like to share with us?