I love experimenting with matcha in DIY projects and skincare recipes because it's such a versatile ingredient and superfood.
I selected skin-nourishing ingredients like coconut milk powder with has incredible topical benefits for your skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduces redness and leaves your skin moisturized. This paired with additional ingredients like jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and essential oils leave your skin feeling silky smooth.
This recipe also utilizes Dead Sea Salt and epsom salt (magnesium. Dead Sea Salt contains 21 minerals that include magnesium, calcium, bromide, sodium, zinc, and potassium. These minerals are known to detoxify and cleanse our bodies. Magnesium is known to improve skin hydration, decrease inflammation, has stress-relieving properties, and improves sleep.
- 2 cups coconut milk powder
- 2 cups coarse dead sea salt
- 1 cup fine epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 3 tbs of matcha (I used Ceremonial Grade, you can totally use Culinary Grade)
- 1 tbs jojoba oil
- 1 1/2 tbs sweet almond oil
- 80 drops of essential oils (I did a combo of 60 lemongrass drops and 20 chamomile drops)
- (optional) dried flowers/herbs (I used dried chamomile buds)
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (except matcha powder). Use a whisk to mix and incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and essential oils into the dry mixture. Mix well to break up any large clumps. I used lemongrass and chamomiles essential oils. Feel free to get creative with your essential oils!
- Scoop out 2 cups of the mixture into a separate bowl, set aside. This will be used to make the white layers.
- Add your gorgeous matcha into the large bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Important step! Pause and take a deep breath… doesn’t your Matcha Latte Milk Bath smell divine?
- Begin layering your Matcha Latte Milk Bath into airtight containers. Note: Natural oxidation occurs once matcha is exposed to oxygen and light. Use your milk bath as soon as possible :)
- Run your bath. Add 1/2c to 3/4c of your Matcha Latte Milk Bath once your tub 3/4 of the way filled. Soak & enjoy!
- Are you making this luscious Matcha Latte Milk Bath for yourself?? YASSS QUEEN, you deserve time to unwind. Be sure to set the mood by turning down the lights, lighting some candles, playing your favorite playlist, and shaking up a refreshing matcha cocktail or pouring yourself a glass of wine to sip on as you soak. (I made a Bulletproof Matcha Latte for an energizing morning soak, see below).
- I had to learn this the hard way, but make sure to grab everything you'll need before entering the bath or you'll leave green foot prints trailing out of the tub - it's no biggie, but not fun to clean after a relaxing bath.
- Depending on the color of your tub, matcha may leave a greenish rim once you drain all of the water. No need to fret! Bar Keepers Friend will remove the matcha and leave your tub shining bright like a diamond. Fun fact: Bar Keepers Friend is ceramic-friendly and also does wonders for removing stained white ceramic ware. You can thank me later :)