Makes approximately 14 cookies
- 1-2 teaspoons Jade Leaf Ingredient Grade Matcha (use 2 teaspoons if you'd like a stronger matcha flavor)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and Ingredient Grade Matcha. Set aside.
In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients at low speed just until dough is formed, approximately 1-2 minutes (be sure not to over mix the dough) Add crushed oreo cookies directly into batter and mix on medium speed for a few seconds. Use clean hands to gently roll dough into balls about 2 inches in diameter and place onto an ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave about 2 inches of space between the cookies.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until the matcha cookies are golden brown around the edges. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheet before removing.
- Serve warm and pair cookies with one our delicious Matcha Latte Recipes! Tag @jadeleafmatcha on Instagram to show us your gorgeous stack of Matcha Cookies & Cream Cookies!