Recipe credit to Salu Salo RecipesINGREDIENTS
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp green tea powder (matcha)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, matcha, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and white sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until blended; beat in vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix flour mixture into creamed butter until dough is just blended; fold in white chocolate using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough, 1 heaping tablespoon per cookie, onto the prepared baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 3 minutes then transfer to rack to cool completely.