Photo credit: Oh, How Civilized
And to finish out this matcha cold-brew journey we've been on, I bring you my personal favorite: the watermelon matcha! Possibly the most refreshing and tasty beverage I have ever come across.
Below I've included two recipes, a "quick" version and a "fancy" version - which you make depends on who you're serving to and how much time you have. For my daily fix, I definitely opt for the "quick" version :)
Preparation (quick version):
You won't get the layered effect like in the picture, but it still tastes great!
- Add ingredients to a shaker bottle (add the watermelon water first, then the matcha to avoid any sticking to the bottom) and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Preparation (fancy version):
Wow your friends with beautiful layers...it's actually not that hard to do.
- In a separate cup, mix up the matcha with about 1/2 cup of cold water, either by shaking or using a whisk.
- In your serving glass, add ice and the watermelon water.
- Slowly pour the matcha tea over top of the watermelon water (it helps to pour it over the back of a spoon)...and voila, beautiful layers!
- Garnish with a wedge of watermelon if desired.
If you're feeling *really* fancy, you can make your own watermelon water.