I dub thee: THE CREEPER
Matcha is so versatile and can (literally) be added to anything. This is one of the many things I love about matcha. One creative way I love using #jadeleafmatcha is by crafting up creative matcha cocktails.
When added to cocktails, the taste of matcha can be very subtle especially if your cocktail has dominant flavor profiles or mixers. Despite this, I still love adding matcha for an extra energy boost and a burst of that vibrant green color.
My current favorite cocktail is one that I like to call “The Creeper” ...because it creeps up on you. The gin is very subtle and I received feedback that the taste of gin wasn’t prominent, only to have the same people circle back 20 minutes later to tell me that the cocktail creeped up on them and left them feeling tipsy. This cocktail is true to its name. It’s a Japanese-inspired and totally refreshing summer cocktail you and your friends will love.
- 1 tsp of Barista Edition Matcha
- 1 1/2 oz of gin
- 1/2 oz of agave
- 1/2 oz of fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch of julienned Shiso Leaf (I found some at my local Asian Market, if you aren’t able to get your hands on some, julienned fresh mint will do)
- Cucumber soda (here are some great options I've tried: option 1 or option 2)
- (Optional) Cucumber ribbon peel or rounds for garnishing
Additional tools you’ll need:
- Cocktail shaker (or mason jar)
- Cocktail strainer
- Electric frother
Makes 1 cocktail
- Add a scoop of ice into your cocktail shaker along with the gin, agave, lime juice, and shiso leaf
- Shake for 10-15 seconds
- Place cucumber ribbon peel or rounds into glass with ice
- Pour in strained cocktail
- In a mason jar or mug, sift 1 tsp of Jade Leaf Matcha. Sifting is an important step to ensure you don't have any clumps in your cocktail.
- Add 1-2 oz of cucumber soda and use our electric frother to whisk your matcha.
- Top off your cocktail with your whisked matcha
- Pinkies up & enjoy!
What kind recipes do you want us to feature next? Let us know. You can always send us a DM on Instagram or reach out to me directly via email: email@example.com. We appreciate you all for being a part of our matcha family.
P.s. Don't forget to tag us on Instagram. We LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing how you use @jadeleafmatcha and would love to see how you shake things up with this cocktail :)