- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium white potato, peeled & chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaped teaspoon fresh ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 5 cups packed kale
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups coco-lemon Thai tea, steeped strong
- 1 teaspoon matcha (culinary grade)
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 can of coconut milk
This one's *packed* with flavor and nutrients! Enjoy.
- In a medium pot, saute onion and potato in a splash of water.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water as needed to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, cayenne, sriracha and black pepper, and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add vegetable broth and steeped tea.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, parsley and matcha. Let the soup cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until silky smooth.
- Return soup to heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Gently heat to warm through and serve!