What does it taste like?
Think: Starbucks® Pink Drink meets a Dalgona Matcha. It's sweet, tangy, creamy, and has a hint of matcha. Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
10 minutes | Makes approximately 3-4 drinks
- 4 tbs Matcha Latte Mix
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 packets Starbucks® VIA Instant Refreshers (Very Berry Hibiscus)
- 4 cups cold water
- 4-6 Strawberries
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (like Califia's Coconut Milk Blend or your favorite milk/milk alternative)
- Stir Starbucks® VIA Instant Refreshers (Very Berry Hibiscus) into cold water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Make your matcha cold foam (aka matcha whip)! Place heavy whipping cream and Matcha Latte Mix into a blender for 20-30 seconds until it reaches a thick, whipped cream-like consistency.
- Clean and slice your strawberries
- Prep your glassware. Fill each glass halfway with ice. Place 4-5 slices of strawberries into each glass.
- Pour 1 cup of the Very Berry mixture into each glass. Pour in 1/4 - 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Use a stirring spoon or straw to mix your drink. You should see the color of your drink change to a nice pink hue. Note: There may be some separation depending on the type of milk you choose to use in this recipe. If you notice separation, continue to stir your drink to combine all ingredients.
- Use a spoon to gently layer your matcha whip on top of your pink drink. Use the bottom of the spoon to spread the whip evenly on top of your drink. Add more matcha whip until each glass is filled.
- Garnish with strawberries, stir, and enjoy!
- Note: Be sure to take a photo before you stir the drink and enjoy it. The color of the drink will change to a dull purple/brownish color, once you stir the matcha whip into the pink drink. Don't worry, it's still delicious, just not as "Instagrammable" :)