If you're a fan of tea, then the classic matcha latte is an absolute must-try. Not only does it taste great, but with its combination of creamy, sweet flavor and gentle aromatics, it's also incredibly easy to prepare at home. We'll walk you through everything you need to know about making your own delicious homemade matcha latte right in your own kitchen.
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon matcha powder (depending on how strong you want it)
- 1/4 cup cool or warm (not hot) water
- 1 cup milk (plant based or dairy)
- Sweetener to taste (about 2-3 teaspoons of sugar or honey in order to match Starbucks sweetness)
- Heat up the milk to just under a boil (or leave cold for an iced latte!)
- Separately, mix the matcha and water together to form a "matcha shot" - see our post here for 3 great ways to get it fully mixed
- Froth the milk (add sweetener at this point if desired) then pour in your matcha shot
- (Optional) Sprinkle a dash of matcha on top for presentation, and enjoy!