Flakey, buttery, and filled with cinnamon-sugary goodness. These mini pies are the perfect snackable dessert for your next party!
Matcha Pie Crust
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 sticks butter cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, alt-milk or water, chilled
- 3 small apples or 2 large, diced into tiny squares
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
Matcha Pie Crust
- Combine flour, sugar, matcha and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the cubes of butter cutting it in with a fork or your fingers until the butter is no larger than a pea
- Slowly add in your cold milk or water until the flour mixture forms into a messy ball. You may need to add a little more or less.
- Knead the dough until it comes together - but don’t over mix as you want to keep the butter whole so the dough is flaky
- Once the dough is combined split into two balls, flatten into discs, wrap in plastic and put into the fridge for at least 30 min
- To make the filling, peel and cut the apples into small cubes
- Mix with lemon juice, flour, cinnamon and sugar
How To Assemble:
- Roll the dough our on a floured surface about 1/3cm thick
- Cut out circles
- Place filling in the middle of a round and seal closed with another circle of dough on top. You can add a little water to the edges to help hold as well as crimp the sides with a fork.
- Cut at a slit into the top of the pie to allow steam out while it cooks
- Place pies on a parchment lined baking sheet and put back in the fridge for 20 min to chill
- Cook for about 20min at 375°F or until the edges of the pies start to turn golden brown.