- ½ cup salted butter, softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ tablespoon culinary matcha powder
- 1 ¼ cup flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and creamy (around 3 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for an additional minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in the matcha powder, flour, and baking soda.
- When the dough is just starting to come together, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press a few additional chocolate chips into the tops of the cookie balls.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies should still look soft in the middle when you take them out. Let cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes.
This recipe was crafted by Cory Oakley, one of our matcha baes from the Jade Leaf Matcha community on Instagram. We saw his cookies and immediately started salivating. He was kind enough to share his recipe with us so we can indulge on these delicious cookies 😍 We hope you enjoy his creation!!
Do you have a matcha recipe you'd like to share with us?