About Matcha Rice Krispies treats
Matcha Rice Krispies treats are just like regular Rice Krispies, but the melted marshmallow and butter are infused with our sugar-free matcha latte mix. The ratio of butter to marshmallow to Rice Krispies in this recipe is absolutely perfect if we do say so ourselves! They are perfectly gooey, buttery, and “krispy” all at once.
What kind of matcha should I use?
We opted for our sugar-free matcha latte mix for this recipe, however, you may use any matcha you have on hand! Culinary or barista edition ceremonial grade would be great substitutes.
How To Make Matcha Rice Krispies Treats:
- ¾ cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 (10 oz) bags mini marshmallows, divided
- ¼ cup sugar-free matcha latte mix
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add one bag of marshmallows, and heat until melted. Add the matcha, and stir to combine. Add vanilla and salt; stir. Add cereal, and mix until the cereal is completely coated. Remove from heat; add remaining marshmallows and fold in.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Using a spatula coated with cooking spray or butter, lightly press them into the pan.
- Allow the treats to rest for at least 1 hour at room temperature to cool. Slice into squares and enjoy!
- When working with marshmallows, things can get sticky! Try spraying your spatula with nonstick cooking spray to avoid the Rice Krispies sticking to your spatula or spoon.
- Use mini marshmallows as opposed to full-sized marshmallows. They melt faster, and are perfectly bite-sized!
- Store Rice Krispies in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 3 days.
- This recipe is for a square 8x8-inch pan, but you can easily double the recipe for a 9x13-inch pan.