Recipe Credit: @beetsandburgers
Turns out the recipe is a lot simpler than I imagined! All you need are some muffin cups (and a little patience) to achieve that iconic peanut butter cup look. Check it out:
- 6 oz white chocolate melts
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1-2 tsp matcha powder (culinary grade)
- Dash of salt
- Sweetener to taste (sugar, honey, agave...)
- Melt the white chocolate and mix in matcha and salt. Taste to check sweetness level, and add more sweetener as desired, a little at a time.
- Pour half the mixture into 6 lined muffin cups and place in the fridge. Set aside the rest of the matcha chocolate.
- Once set, remove the cups from the fridge and spoon the peanut butter into the middle.
- Cover with more of the matcha chocolate (will have to heat up again). Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, remove the pan, remove the liners and voila!
Marissa from @beetsandburgers actually uses vegan white chocolate in her matcha peanut butter cups, and includes a recipe for it in her post here.