|Makes 3 large waffles
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 cup masa harina
- 2 teaspoons matcha (Classic or Premium Culinary will work!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- ¼ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped Hatch chiles (roasted, peeled and seeded)
- Heat a Belgian waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, masa, matcha, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine milk, honey or agave and egg yolks; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and mix until smooth.
- Mix in coconut oil until well-incorporated.
- Gently fold in whipped whites with a spatula until combined; fold in chiles.
- Pour 1/3 – 1/2 cup batter in waffle iron (will depend on size). Close lid and cook until brown.
- Peach preserves and crispy bacon slices
- Poached egg
- Pecans glazed with maple syrup, cinnamon and cayenne