Happy Birthday to our Jade Leaf family! Let's celebrate together with this tea-licious Matcha Latte Cake. Since we can't send you all a slice of ours, here's the recipe so you can enjoy your own:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 tbsp Jade Leaf Culinary Matcha Powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sift the cake flour, matcha, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add the butter to the bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment, mix until fine crumbs have formed. In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer running on medium speed, stream the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture. Whisk on high for 1-2 minutes until well combined and fluffy.
- Grease three 8 inch pans and add parchment paper rounds to each one.
- Divide the batter evenly between the pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the layers to cool before frosting and decorating. (Trim the crust from each layer before decorating for a perfectly colored cake.)
- Dig in and enjoy.
Thank you Sheri for creating this special bday treat for us!