Recipe Credit: @sapiditybysanz
A couple weeks ago we shared this gorgeous photo from @sapiditybysanz ...and I can't help but share her recipe that goes with it.
She discovered what I had found myself when experimenting with smoothie recipes—matcha and almond butter work incredibly well together! The richness of the almond butter mellows out the matcha's bitter notes.
Add some greens and coconut to the mix and you've got a tasty, satisfying, energizing treat! Check it out:
- 1.5 cups of milk (I recommend almond or coconut!)
- Handful of kale
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp matcha (culinary grade)
- 1 heaping Tbsp almond butter
- Handful of shredded coconut
- Blend all ingredients on high in your blender until smooth.
- Optionally top with shredded coconut.
Killer start to your morning or great mid-afternoon pick me up!