This celebratory shot is made with with matcha, creamy white chocolate liqueur, whipped cream flavored vodka, and toasty, sweet amaretto. Complete with a rim of frosting and sprinkles, these festive shots are the ideal way to celebrate!
What’s in a matcha birthday cake shot?
There are just four main ingredients to these delish celebratory shots:
- Matcha: because of course! The sweet, grassy, notes of our Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha Teahouse Edition balance the sweetness of the shot and give it a subtle yet vibrant matcha flavor.
- White chocolate liqueur: creamy, sweet, and delicious
- Whipped vodka: whipped cream flavored vodka gives this shot that hint of frosting flavor
- Amaretto: this almond flavored liqueur adds a toasty, baked cake flavor
How to make matcha birthday cake shots
Step one: Decorate the shot glasses with frosting and sprinkles. Use any frosting you like; homemade or store bought, cream cheese or vanilla.
Step two: The matcha gets sifted into the cocktail shaker; it’s important to sift so that there are no clumps.
Step three: Add ice to the shaker, then all the alcohol. Shake vigorously!
Step four: Pour and garnish! You can add whipped cream and sprinkles to finish the birthday aesthetic.
- 1 gram Ceremonial Grade Matcha, sifted
- 1.5 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 1.5 ounces whipped vodka
- .5 ounce amaretto
- Frosting, whipped cream, and sprinkles, for garnish
- Start by rimming your shot glasses in frosting. Roll the rim in sprinkles; set aside.
- Sift the matcha into a cocktail shaker; add ice, followed by white chocolate liqueur, whipped vodka, and amaretto. Shake well.
- Pour into prepared shot glasses; cheers!
Lauren is a food photographer and recipe developer originally from southwest Florida, currently living in Boston, MA. She is a graduate of the University of Central Florida, where she studied anthropology and humanities and cultural studies. When Lauren isn’t creating delicious matcha recipes for Jade Leaf, you can find her in the kitchen dreaming up unique recipes for her blog, or posting mouthwatering food pics on her Instagram @lalaskitchentable!