Happy November! Our friend Kimi shared with us this fun recipe with tasty fall flavors and it looked sooo good.
Why eat store-bought bars when you can make more wholesome and delicious ones at home? Only the good stuff in these guys. Enjoy!
Makes 8 bars
- 2 cups gluten free steel cut oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp roasted cocoa nibs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 cup raw honey (can make vegan by using brown rice syrup)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp matcha (culinary grade)
- Combine all ingredients except matcha and 1 tbsp cocoa nibs in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly with honey. Mixture should be sticky but slightly loose.
- If needed, add more honey 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- At this point I split the mixture in half, leaving out matcha for the kids.
- To remaining mixture: Add matcha and toss to coat evenly, making sure all of the loose powder is dissolved/soaked. Mixture will be a vibrant shade of green.
- Place half in a greased (with coconut oil) 8×8 baking pan and pack down tightly with your hands. Mixture is sticky so I put coconut oil on my hands for this part. Place in a preheated 350° oven for 10 minutes. Do not overbake or it will burn.
- Remove when mixture is slightly golden on top and still pliable to the touch. Let cool 10 minutes and then place in freezer to set.
- Once mixture is completely cooled, it will firm up. Take out of the freezer and slice into 8 bars and enjoy! Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.(If you need to stack them, separate layers with parchment paper.)
Tasty healthy energizing bars on the go!