Cranberries - Not only are they tasty, but they are also packed with amazing health benefits like vitamin C and antioxidants.
In this recipe, the cranberries are cooked down into a simple syrup to add to the latte.
What Kind Of Matcha Should I Use?We used our Barista Edition, but our Teahouse Edition would be a wonderful substitute.
Iced Cranberry Matcha Latte
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about ½ an orange)
- 1 tsp matcha, sifted
- ¼ cup water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until cranberries are tender but haven't burst, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard cranberries.
- Make matcha shot by combining sifted matcha and water using a bamboo whisk or electric whisk.
- In a glass, add about 3 tbsp of the cooled cranberry syrup, followed by ice. Add milk, then the matcha shot. Gently stir, sip, and enjoy! Store remaining cranberry simple syrup in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.