Hojicha - the distant cousin to the more commonly known green tea. The biggest distinction between the two is Hojicha's reddish-brown color and its nutty and toasty flavor which develops when roasting the green tea leaves. The roasting process not only changes the color and flavor of the green tea, but also reducing the bitterness and the levels of caffeine. Making this recipe perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up that won't leave you up all night!
- ½ tsp Hojicha Barista Edition
- Caramel syrup (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sift Hojicha into a cup along with a pinch of salt and a small drizzle of caramel.
- Add ¼ cup of hot water and mix until incorporated.
- Fill the rest of you mug with hot milk (6-14oz, depending on size of cup)
- Garnish with a drizzle of caramel - enjoy!
- Double the Hojicha for a stronger brew
- If you don’t have an electric steamer you can heat milk in the microwave or on the stove
- Top with whipped cream and another drizzle of caramel sauce and salt