What Is Dalgona/Whipped Coffee?
“Dalgona” is a South Korean word for a type of honeycomb candy. Dalgona whipped coffee is made by combining instant coffee granules, sugar, and water. These ingredients are whipped until it becomes fluffy, then served with milk for a café-worthy latte.
What Is Dalgona/Whipped Matcha?
The matcha version of the Dalgona is pretty much the same but uses different ingredients. The matcha foam is made by combining egg whites and our Original Matcha Latte Mix.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp Matcha Latte Mix
- 1 tbsp hot water
- ½ cup tapioca pearls
- 8 ounces boiling water
- 1 Thai tea bag
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- Separate egg whites. Whisk using an electric mixer or handheld electric whisk, about 3 minutes.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of Matcha Latte Mix with hot water; whisk matcha is fully dissolved.
- While whisking, gradually add matcha to egg whites. Whisk for 2 more minutes until soft peaks form.
- Cook tapioca pearls according to package directions; set aside.
- Steep Thai tea bag in boiling water, about 5 minutes. Add sugar; stir until dissolved. Allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine evaporated milk and condensed milk.
- To a glass, add cooked tapioca pearls. Add ice, then pour Thai tea over ice. Add milk mixture; stir to combine. Top with matcha foam. Enjoy!
Tips For Whipping Egg Whites:
- Make sure your bowl and whisk are completely clean and dry
- Eggs at room temperature whip more easily
- Fresh egg whites are preferred over packaged for the fluffiest foam