This delightfully creamy matcha latte has a hint of nuttiness and is one of our new favorite recipes! We used Artisana™ Cashew Butter this time, and can't wait play around with their other delicious nut butters and spreads to create more special lattes!
What’s in a creamy cashew rose matcha latte?
Here’s every ingredient you’ll need to make this cozy latte, plus ingredient notes.
-Milk: you can use any kind you like, whether it’s plant based or dairy. We think oat milk is especially good here!
-Artisana™ cashew butter: Our friends at Artisana™ make the most delicious cashew butter out there, using just one ingredient: Raw, organic cashews! The nutty flavor and creaminess of the cashew butter adds a velvety texture and rich flavor to this latte that you will absolutely love.
-Honey: Naturally sweetens this latte. Add more or less according to sweetness preference. Use maple syrup for a vegan option.
-Matcha: We love using our Barista Edition Ceremonial Grade in this recipe. However, you can use any grade of matcha you prefer or have on hand.
-Water: A little bit of water gets mixed with the matcha to make a matcha shot.
-Rose water: Adds beautiful but subtle floral notes to the latte. Find it online or in the baking aisle of the grocery store, near the extracts.
You’ll need a couple of things to make this latte, like:
- Small saucepan: for heating the milk
- Sifter: sifting your matcha ensures you won’t have any clumps
- Chawan: stoneware bowl used for preparing matcha
- Chasen: bamboo whisk used for combining matcha and water
- Electric whisk: for frothing the milk for the latte. This makes the latte super velvety and smooth.
You can find most of these tools in our Traditional Matcha Ceremony Set!
How to make Creamy Cashew Rose Matcha Latte
Let’s go through all the steps for making this latte!
First, add milk, cashew butter, and honey to a small saucepan. Place it over medium heat on the stove, whisking frequently until the milk starts to steam but not boil.
While the milk is warming, make the matcha shot. Add water and sift the matcha into a bowl. Using a chasen (bamboo whisk), combine the matcha and water until it becomes frothy.
You may also make the matcha shot by shaking matcha and water in a jar, or by using an electric whisk.
Once the milk is steaming, remove it from the heat. Add in the rose water, then froth using an electric whisk, until the milk becomes thick and foamy on top.
Pour the matcha shot into the milk mixture, then froth once more. Pour the latte into a mug, garnish with rose petals, and enjoy!
Creamy Cashew Rose Matcha LatteIngredients:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tbsp Artisana™ Cashew Butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 ounces warm water
- 1 tbsp Barista Edition Ceremonial Grade Matcha, sifted
- ¼ tsp rose water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, cashew butter, and honey; stir frequently using whisk. Heat until milk is steaming, but not boiling.
- While milk is heating, make matcha shot. Combine sifted matcha and water using chasen (bamboo whisk), until frothy.
- Once milk is steaming, remove from heat. Add rose water and froth using electric whisk, until milk is thick and frothy. Add matcha shot to milk; froth once more. Pour latte into mug, garnish with rose petals, and enjoy!