- 1.5 cups Jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk, light
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp matcha (culinary grade)
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- coconut chips or shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
I never would have thought of this one on my own!
- Place the Jasmine rice and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Stir, cover pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- In a small bowl whisk the matcha powder with about 3 tablespoons of water, ensuring there are no lumps.
- In a large pot (I used my dutch oven) combine the coconut milks, sugars, and lime zest. Cook over low heat, stirring until the sugars are dissolved.
- Add the cooked rice to the pot and combine. Stir in the matcha mixture and lime juice.
- Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid and the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool. Serve, garnish with coconut and enjoy!