Goodbye PSL. Hello matcha-chai heaven. This cozy and comforting drink will be your new favorite this fall! The spice of the chai and the earthy notes of matcha complement each other perfectly in this recipe - and it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
- 1 tbsp Chai Tea or Chai Spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Barista Ceremonial Matcha Powder (depending on how strong you want it)
- 1/4 cup cool or warm (not hot) water
- 1 cup milk (plant based or dairy)
- Chai syrup to taste
- In a sauce pan combine water and sugars together.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5min.
- Add in the chai tea and simmer for an additional 5 min.
- Take off the heat and add vanilla, mix and let cool.
- Once syrup is cool strain it into a jar and enjoy! Syrup can be kept in the fridge.
- Heat up the milk to just under a boil (or leave cold for an iced latte!)
- Separately, mix the matcha and water together to form a "matcha shot" - see our post here for 3 great ways to get it fully mixed
- Froth the milk (add sweetener at this point if desired) then pour in your matcha shot
- (Optional) Sprinkle a dash of matcha on top for presentation, and enjoy!