What is a Bailey’s Matcha Espresso Fusion Cocktail?
This cocktail has layers of matcha, milk, Irish cream liqueur, and whipped coffee. This drink has the perfect balance of caffeine and booze for a delicious evening pick-me-up.
Did you know a latte with a shot of matcha and a shot of espresso is actually called a dirty matcha latte?
What Is Whipped Coffee?
You may remember Dalgona “whipped” coffee from the height of the pandemic when everyone in quarantine was making this internet-famous drink. Dalgona “whipped” coffee is made by whipping equal parts instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and fluffy. We think it adds the perfect touch to this boozy caffeinated cocktail!
What Kind Of Matcha Should I Use?
We used our Ceremonial Teahouse Edition matcha for this recipe. We love the light and refreshing, rich flavors of this matcha and how it pairs with the coffee flavor of this cocktail. Our Barista Edition Ceremonial Grade matcha would also be an excellent choice for this drink!
- 1 tsp Ceremonial Teahouse Edition matcha, sifted
- 4 ounces water
- 1 ½ ounces Irish cream liqueur, such as Bailey’s
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Make the matcha shot: In a small bowl, combine matcha and water using a bamboo whisk. Pour matcha shot into a glass. Add ice. Pour Irish cream liqueur over ice, followed by the milk.
- Make whipped coffee: In a small bowl, combine instant coffee, sugar, and hot water using an electric whisk, handheld mixer, or manual whisk. Whip until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy. Add the whipped coffee to the top of drink. Give the cocktail a light stir, sip, and enjoy!