WHAT IS BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER?
The butterfly pea flower is derived from a plant that is indigenous to most Southeast Asian countries. It is known for its cognitive, energy, beauty, and anti-inflammatory benefits. The taste is slightly woody and earthy, pairing well with matcha!
SHOULD I ADD COLLAGEN TO MY LATTE?
Adding collagen to this latte is totally optional. If you’re on the fence about adding it, here’s what collagen is good for:
- Keeps bones & joints healthy
- Promotes skin elasticity
- Boosts gut health
- Strengthens hair and nails
To add the collagen, you can either dissolve it with the matcha shot, butterfly pea powder and water, or add it at the end and stir it in.
Whole30 Approved Matcha Earth Latte
- 1-2 Jade Leaf Ceremonial Single Serves
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- 6 oz water, divided
- 6-8 oz Whole30 compatible milk
- 1-2 scoops collagen (optional)
- Make butterfly pea portion: combine 1 teaspoon of butterfly pea powder and collagen with 4 oz of room temperature or cool water. Mix until combined.
- Make the matcha shot: combine 1-2 Jade Leaf Ceremonial Single Serves with 2 oz water. Using an electric whisk, mix until frothy.
- Assemble: add the butterfly pea, collagen, and water mixture to a glass; add ice. Pour in milk, then top with matcha shot.