WHAT IS BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER?
The butterfly pea flower is derived from a plant that is indigenous to most Southeast Asian countries. It is known for its cognitive, energy, beauty, and anti-inflammatory benefits. The taste is slightly woody and earthy, pairing well with matcha!
SHOULD I ADD COLLAGEN TO MY LATTE?
Adding collagen to this latte is totally optional. If you’re on the fence about adding it, here’s what collagen is good for:
- Keeps bones & joints healthy
- Promotes skin elasticity
- Boosts gut health
- Strengthens hair and nails
Whole30 Approved Matcha Earth Latte
- 1-2 Jade Leaf Ceremonial Single Serves
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- 6 oz water, divided
- 6-8 oz Whole30 compatible milk
- 1-2 scoops collagen (optional)
- Make butterfly pea portion: combine 1 teaspoon of butterfly pea powder and collagen with 4 oz of room temperature or cool water. Mix until combined.
- Make the matcha shot: combine 1-2 Jade Leaf Ceremonial Single Serves with 2 oz water. Using an electric whisk, mix until frothy.
- Assemble: add the butterfly pea, collagen, and water mixture to a glass; add ice. Pour in milk, then top with matcha shot.